Advertisement

Central Illinois Regional Airport receives Rebuild Illinois grant


Central Illinois Regional Airport
Central Illinois Regional Airport(25 News/Heart of Illinois ABC)
Published: Dec. 2, 2021 at 5:38 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

BLOOMINGTON (25 NEWS) - Over $3 million in funding from Rebuild Illinois is going to the Central Illinois Regional Airport.

The $3,342,600 will provide 90% of the funding to rehabilitate the airport’s main entrance and circular road system. The Bloomington-Normal Airport Authority is funding the remaining 10% of the project -- an estimated $3,714,000, according to a release.

“On behalf of the Bloomington Normal Airport Authority and our community, we send our appreciation to Governor JB Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Transportation.”, said Alan Sender, Chairman of the Bloomington Normal Airport Authority. “Our roads are the welcome mat to our facility for the tens of thousands of passengers and guests we host each month at Central Illinois Regional Airport.”

“This funding will allow the Airport Authority to complete the rehabilitation and repair of these roads expeditiously and cost-effectively.”

Copyright 2021 WEEK. All rights reserved.