Grease on stove causes Peoria apartment fire - WEEK.com: Peoria-area News, Weather, Sports

Grease on stove causes Peoria apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
PEORIA, Ill. (WEEK) -- -

Grease left unattended on a stove caused about $22,000 worth of damage to a Peoria apartment early Wednesday morning.

Peoria firefighters and paramedics responded to the apartments at 601 W. Romeo B. Garrett Ave. to find heavy smoke coming from the apartment's front door. All four residents got out without injury. 

Firefighters quickly knocked down the fire in the kitchen. The Red Cross provided lodging for the two adults and two kids. The fire caused extensive smoke damage to the apartment. 

Powered by Frankly