UPDATE: Normal fire victim died of carbon monoxide poisoning

UPDATE: Normal fire victim died of carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:
NORMAL, Ill. (WEEK) -- -

One woman is dead after a house fire Sunday in Normal. 

It happened in the 1500 block of Hunt Drive. Crews were called to a four unit, two story condominium building for a report of a possible structure fire. Firefighters found a 68-year-old Diana McLaren-Osburne lying on the kitchen floor in one of the units. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Preliminary autopsy finding show McLaren-Osburne died of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by inhalation of smoke and soot. 

It took over an hour before the blaze was brought under control. Firefighters were forced to fight the fire from the outside after the roof collapsed.

One dog and a cat were rescued from two different units. Investigators believe the fire started in the unit where the woman was found.

The building was deemed unsafe. Investigators are working to determine a full damage estimate and cause of the blaze. 

Powered by Frankly