Dirty chimney to blame for house fire - WEEK.com: Peoria-area News, Weather, Sports

Dirty chimney to blame for house fire

Posted: Updated:

PEORIA, lll. – A dirty chimney is to blame for a house fire Sunday evening.

Peoria firefighters responded to the 1500 block of NE Perry shortly after 10 p.m.

Residents were outside and smoke was showing from the roof when firefighters arrived.

Crews found a fireplace fire that spread to the chimney liner. Fire crews removed the chimney cap and put the fire out using a water extinguisher.

The residents were advised to have the chimney cleaned and inspected by a chimney sweep.

Damage is estimated at $800. 

Powered by Frankly